1. FACILITY Goal: To complete Phase I of the approved Building Project in accordance with the architect’s timeline and position ourselves for the initiation of Phase II through a May 2015 referendum question.
2. EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM Goal: To discuss and approve program recommendations based on the faculty/administration’s evaluation of our grade 7-12 instructional program/Program of Studies, schedules and school calendar for alignment with 21stCentury Learning Standards, Common Core State Curricula, Schoolwide Enrichment Model, Multiple Pathways legislation and the Board of Education’s revised mission statement.
3. POLICY DEVELOPMENT Goal: To develop and revise twelve (12) Board Policies to meet state mandates and Board priorities for the district.
4. BUDGET/OPERATIONAL Goal: To identify and implement best practices for budget development and personnel record keeping and retention.
5. FACULTY RECRUITMENT/RETENTION Goal: To engage in dialogue with appropriate island partners regarding a plan for increasing the availability and diversity of faculty/staff housing.
Adopted by the Fishers Island Board of Education on October 15, 2014